posted Mar 2, 2012, 8:31 AM by Jonathan Watt
Bellevue West High School
proudly host the March 3rd HWAA Show.
Bellevue West Site Host Contact InformationBooster HWAA Co‐Coordinator:Check-In
Greg will be the main contact number on the day of the show.
If you cannot reach Greg, try one of the Co‐Coordinator listed below.Co-Coordinators Information
Mr. Bill Gamble Mrs. Sue Gamble
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Email: email@example.com
Cell: 402‐850‐5370 Cell: 402‐850‐7962SITE ADDRESS
Bellevue West High School
1501 Thurston Ave
- Check‐in will take place on the North Side of the Main Entrance of the school. Signage and volunteers will direct you to the Check‐in location. Please drop off your tarps on the south side of the school in the area highlighted on the attached map. Signs will identify the Tarp Drop area when you arrive at the school.
- (1) PERCUSSION EQUIPMENT will be unloaded at the Check‐in area. Please remember to leave your cases on the buses or in your transportation vehicles. Percussion equipment loading will take place in the “Turn Around ” area on the East side of the school immediately following your performance.
- Please leave your spiel sheets and USB sticks at the registration table.
- Your host will take you to your Homeroom area and give the designated instructor/assistant a tour of the performance venue if desired.
- At the registration table, performing members and 5 additional people will have their hands stamped or receive wristbands. The extra five stamps/wristbands are to be used at your discretion for your staff and volunteers. If you have late arriving staff members, we will need their names at the time of check‐in.
- If you have more than 5 staff/volunteers, admission will need to be purchased to enter the performance gym, even if they are assisting you with the performance.
- All belongings may be stored in your designated Homeroom area. All valuables should be left on the bus or at home.
- All areas, except for the warm‐up areas, are “No Spinning” and “No Playing” Zones.
- Costume changes may take place in the male and female changing areas designated on the maps.
- School Bus and Van Parking will be in the West Lot identified on the map. Groups will unload on the East side of the building in the “Turn Around” area and then move vehicles to the West Lot. Signs and volunteers will be on hand to direct traffic. There will be a staffed unlocked door in the rear of the school for bus drivers to enter after parking.
- Spectator parking will be in the East Parking Lot.
- Tarp and Prop drop off will be on the South Side of the school building. See map…
- Guard Equipment drop off will be in the “Turn Around” area of the East Parking when you arrive for Check‐In.
- Percussion equipment drop off will be in the “Turn Around” area of the East Parking Lot.
- We will have a volunteer available at the registration table to walk your designated instructor/assistant through the school. We will show them the general flow and warm‐up areas.
- Performers will enter from the double doors on the Southwest side of the Gym.
- We will use a “Horizontal” Start Line.
- Performers will exit from the Northwest “Performer Exit” door. Upon exiting, the unit’s tarp can be returned to the tarp storage area.
- Guards will be allowed to re‐fold their tarps in the gym after the competition ends.
- Music checks for guards must be done prior to the start of the show or during the class breaks. You must bring your music to the announcer table located in the gym.
- Please bring a CD for your sound check and performance. Have a back‐up CD as well in case of difficulties.
- This is an adjudicated show. Judges’ critique will follow the end of the guard and percussion portions.
- HWAA sets the ticket prices for these events at $5.00 for adults and $4.00 for students. Free‐ Children under five.
- No one will be allowed to enter the performance area (Gym) without a stamp. There will be volunteers checking stamps at both the East and West entrances to the gym.
- Concession stands are located near the East entrance to the Gym.
- Show your support for your group/member/loved ones! Wish them good luck! Purchase a “SHOUT OUT” which will be announced while your group is setting up for their performance. “SHOUT OUTS” will cost $1.00. As we have a large show, please keep “SHOUT OUTS” brief and appropriate for a general audience that will include small children.
- The HWAA apparel table will be located in the lobby area outside the Gym.