Drake Honor Jazz Band Festival
February 15, 2011
6:45 – Arrive at Band Room
7:00 – Leave for Des Moines
8:45 – Check in at Drake University Harmon Fine Arts Center
- 25th St & Carpenter Ave, Des Moines, IA
9:30-12:30 – Begin Rehearse in assigned rooms
- Seniors: Mainstay (NW corner of 25th & Forest)
- Juniors: Sheslow Auditorium in Old Main
- Sophomores: Performing Arts Hall (PAH)
- Freshman: Monroe Recital Hall, Harmon Fine Arts
12:30-1:30 – Lunch-free time
- Please bring your own meal money.
1:30-3:15 – Rehearse in assigned rooms
3:30-4:30 – Clinics
- Rhythm Section: Bob Meunier, John Kizilarmut, PAH
- Trumpets: Andy Classen, Turner Center
- Trombones: Paul Bridson, rm 033
- Saxes: Jim Romain, room 036
4:30 – Dinner: Students need to be picked up.
- Please bring your own meal money
6:00-6:30 – Meet in PAH for warm up, tuning & sound check.
7:00-9:00 – Concert: Tickets are $5 adults, $3 for students
- 9th Grade Band
- 10th Grade Band
- 11th Grade Band
- 12th Grade Band
- Drake Jazz Ensemble I with guest clinicians
If you plan to go home with your Parents you must have a note!
Dress for rehearsals is a nice top and jeans, dress for concert is our Jazz Band outfit.